Albany County Legislature
Harold L. Joyce Albany County Office Building
112 State Street, Room 710 | Albany, NY 12207 | (518) 447-7168
Andrew C. Joyce, Chairman of the Legislature
Necole Chambers, Clerk of the Legislature
Paul Devane, First Deputy Clerk of the Legislature
Description: The Albany County Intern Job Training Program has been created to provide opportunities for professional development to Albany County residents. The program is designed for high school and undergraduate students, between the ages of sixteen (16) and nineteen (19) who have had difficulties obtaining a job due to a lack of training and/or experience. Albany County’s initiative to create flexible work opportunities will be beneficial to all candidates. Individuals will receive on the job training and the skills necessary to compete for a variety of positions.
Applications & Questionnaires Accepted: Monday, July 6, 2020 - Friday, July 17, 2020
Hours: Vary by department and experience
Hourly Rate: $11.80
- The applicant must be between the ages of 16 and 19 and a resident of Albany County.
- If under 18 years of age, you must furnish working papers. Working papers serve as your official employment certificate:
- 16-17 year olds (in school) - Your working papers are green.
- 16-17 year olds (out of school) - Your working papers are peach.
For more information, visit https://labor.ny.gov/youth/14-to-17.shtm or call 518-447-5510.
- The applicant must complete and submit the application and accompanying questionnaire (linked below) by 4:00 PM on Friday July 17, 2020. Applications must be delivered to the Albany County Legislature, 112 State Street, Room 710, Albany, NY 12207, by the deadline.
- New applicants or returning interns must submit an application and questionnaire (linked below) to be considered for employment in 2020.
- Family members of current County employees are not excluded, however, if hired they will not be placed in the same department as an immediate family member.
- All applicants will be subject to an interview with representatives from the Office of the Chair.
- Any applicant that fails to report for a confirmed interview (without reasonable cause) will not be considered for an intern position.
- All potential applicants may be required to attend a (paid) orientation/training session on and complete the appropriate paperwork as necessary.
For more information, please contact Necole Chambers, Clerk of the Legislature – (office) 447-7168 or email email@example.com
Application & Questionnaire
The application and accompanying questionnaire must be delivered to the Albany County Legislature, 112 State Street, Room 710, Albany, NY 12207 by 4:00 PM on Friday July 17, 2020.