Albany County Legislature
Harold L. Joyce Albany County Office Building
112 State Street, Room 710 | Albany, NY 12207 | (518) 447-7168
Andrew C. Joyce, Chairman of the Legislature
Necole Chambers, Clerk of the Legislature
Paul Devane, First Deputy Clerk of the Legislature
Description: The Albany County Intern Job Training Program has been created to provide opportunities for professional development to Albany County residents. The program is designed for high school and undergraduate students, between the ages of seventeen (17) and twenty-one (21) who have had difficulties obtaining a job due to a lack of training and/or experience. Albany County’s initiative to create flexible work opportunities will be beneficial to all candidates. Individuals will receive on the job training and the skills necessary to compete for a variety of positions.
Completed applications & questionnaires must be submitted to the Albany County Legislature, 112 State Street, Room 710, Albany, NY 12207 no later than 4:00 PM on April 30, 2019. See below for more details.
Applications & Questionnaires Accepted: Monday, April 1, 2019 – Tuesday, April 30, 2019
Hours: Vary by department and experience, maximum 20 hours per week
Hourly Rate: $11.10
- The applicant must be between the ages of 17 and 21 and a resident of Albany County.
- 14-15 year olds - Your working papers are blue.
- 16-17 year olds (in school) - Your working papers are green.
- 16-17 year olds (out of school) - Your working papers are peach.
For more information, please visit their website or call (518) 447-5510.
- The applicant must complete and submit the application and accompanying questionnaire by 4:00 PM on Tuesday, April 30, 2019. Applications must be delivered to the Albany County Legislature, 112 State Street, Room 710, Albany, NY 12207 by the deadline stated above.
- New applicants or returning interns must submit an application and questionnaire to be considered for employment in 2019.
- Family members of current County employees are not excluded, however, if hired they will not be placed in the same department as an immediate family member.
- All applicants will be subject to an interview with representatives from the Office of the Chair.
- Any applicant that fails to report for a confirmed interview (without reasonable cause) will not be considered for an intern position.
- All potential applicants must attend a (paid) mandatory orientation/training session on Friday, June 7, 2019 for non-high school and Monday, July 8, 2019 for high school students. Failure to attend this session (without reasonable cause) will result in an automatic removal from the internship program.
For More Information, Please Contact
Necole Chambers, First Deputy Clerk
Phone: (518) 447-7168
2018 Summer Interns