Albany County Legislature
Harold L. Joyce Albany County Office Building
112 State Street, Room 710 | Albany, NY 12207 | (518) 447-7168
Andrew C. Joyce, Chairman of the Legislature
Necole Chambers, Clerk of the Legislature
Paul Devane, First Deputy Clerk of the Legislature
The Albany County Legislature holds public hearings on proposed local laws, the County's capital plan and other specific issues before adoption of legislation. Public hearings are streamed live online..
Members of the public who wish to speak must sign a sheet at the public hearing listing their names, addresses and telephone numbers.
- Speakers are called in the order their names appear on the sign-up sheets.
- Speakers are permitted five minutes to express their views.
- Speakers may not ask questions of legislators, and legislators may not ask questions of speakers, except for clarification.
Legislative public hearings are held in the
William J. Conboy II Legislative
Albany County Courthouse | Albany,NY
The Public Hearing on Amendments to the Albany County Capital Program for 2020-2024 is continuing as scheduled.
Public Hearings on Albany County Local Laws A and B for 2020 have been postponed.
The Public Hearing on Amendments to the Albany County Capital Program will be live streamed on our website as well as recorded for future viewing.
Only one speaker will be allowed in the chamber at a time.
To provide input but not attend in person, you may
- email the Clerk of the Legislature at email@example.com to provide written comments which will be included in the official hearing record or
- Or leave a voicemail message with the Clerk at (518) 447-7168.
Any and all comments must be limited to the discussion of the Amendments to the Albany County Capital Program for 2020-2024 to be included in the official hearing record.
As this is an evolving situation, any updates will be published to the Albany County Legislature’s website and social media accounts.