Public Comment Period
The DRAFT Stormwater Permit Annual Report is available for public comment.
May 15, 2020 4:00pm
By June 1, regulated MS4/municipalities must file with NYSDEC an Annual Report which describes progress over the past year implementing requirements named in the MS4 Stormwater Permit. Prior to finalizing the report, a DRAFT Annual Report is made available for public comment. Learn more about Albany County Stormwater Management »
The Department of Public Works is dedicated to providing construction and maintenance services for all County roadways, certain state highways and County-owned parks and recreation areas, including:
- Repair and reconstruction of 594 lane miles of County highways, 78 bridges, and thousands of culverts;
- Maintenance of thousands of road signs and road markings;
- Snow plowing and de-icing on all County Roads and on 136 miles of State Highways during the winter; and
- Maintenance of 3 County-owned recreation areas.
The Department performs several services on County roads and bridges, and throughout the County, including:
- Repairing the paving, guide rail, and shoulders on County roads.
- Repairing culverts under roads.
- Maintaining and improving open and closed road drainage systems.
- Installing and repairing road signs on County roads.
- Surveying and monitoring traffic conditions on County roads.
- Reviewing and approving modifications to County roads, such as driveway permits.
- Removing downed or dead trees or brush within the County right-of-way.
- Removing large dead animals, such as deer, or debris from the road.
- Repairing County bridges.
- Snow plowing and de-icing roads.
- Cleaning and maintaining recreation areas.
- Developing and sponsoring traffic safety education programs for motorists, pedestrians, bicycles, seat belts, child restraints, etc.
If you have a problem, concern, or a condition to report to us regarding County roads or property, please contact us at our Department Headquarters or one of our subdivisions.
For maps of Albany County and County Roads, contact our Department Headquarters. A small fee may be charged for requests for several copies.
Final Proposed Hazard Mitigation Plan
As part of Albany County's efforts to comply with state and federal requirements for public input, our final proposed Hazard Mitigation Plan is available for review. Questions or comments concerning the final proposed plan can be directed to Michael Lalli at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Albany County Department of Public Works employees are working on County roads every day. During this work, traffic lanes may be narrowed or eliminated, and some traffic congestion may result. In unusual cases, traffic may be detoured, and we may recommend that you use alternate routes. View the work schedule.
Special Hauling Permit
Apply online for a special hauling permit for moving oversized or overweight vehicles and loads in Albany County.
(Please Note: the online hauling permit application has a new web address! haulingpermit.albanycounty.com)