New York State
City of Albany
- Division of Housing and Community Development
- Albany Community Development Agency
- Home Store
- Home Acquisition Program
- Home Owners Assistance Program
- Lead Paint Program
- Stabilization Program
- Division of Economic Development/ALDC
Mortgage, Taxes and Avoiding Foreclosure
- The Capital District Regional Planning Commission (Regional Data)
- Greater Capital Association of REALTORS
- First-Time Homebuyer Credit
- State of NY Mortgage Agency (SONYMA)
- Buyers Flocking to Mortgage Program (TimesUnion.com, Oct 1, 2009)
- HUD.gov "Buying a Home"
- FDIC Foreclosure Prevention
- Other Online Resources for Foreclosure Avoidance
- City of Albany Dept of Development and Planning
- City of Albany's Neighborhoods
- Historic Albany Foundation
For more information and assistance on your mortgage loan:
- HopeNow: An alliance between counselors, servicers, investors and other mortgage industry participants to assist distressed homeowners.
- MortgageTown: Sponsored by the National Consumers League. Educates consumers on the step-by-step process of obtaining a mortgage.
- Neighborworks America: A national nonprofit organization created by Congress to provide financial support, technical assistance, and training for community-based revitalization efforts.
Information on Foreclosure Rescue Scams, published by the Federal Trade Commission.