Albany County Department of Health Elizabeth F. Whalen, MD, MPH, Commissioner 175 Green Street Albany, NY 12202 Phone (518) 447-4580 Fax (518) 447-4698
If an Albany County office changes their regular business practices or posts special information for County residents we will update their web pages, and also make a note here.
Date Changes, Extensions & Cancellations
This situation is evolving quickly. Most public meetings and events have been rescheduled or moved online, so please check ahead even if there is no notice on this page.
- Board of Elections: presidential primary postponed to June 23
- Civil Service has postponed upcoming exams
- Planning Board March meeting will take place April 2 by conference call
- Hockey Facility closed until further notice
- Recreation Department youth sports postponed
- Social Services: 3-month extension for certain recertifications of SNAP/TA/MA
- County Clerk limits services to essential business
- County Jail visitation suspended
- Crime Victim and Sexual Violence Center is providing remote services & accepting new clients.
- Go & Dine program limited to take-out (no delivery or eat in)
- Shaker Place Rehabilitation and Nursing Center visitation restricted
- Social Services reducing face-to-face visits
- Water Purification District educational tours suspended