The Albany County Water Quality Coordinating Committee (ACWQCC), formed in 1991, is composed of individuals, non-governmental organizations, and governmental agencies, who are all stakeholders in the quest to protect and enhance the quality of Albany County’s surface and sub-surface waters.
The Committee focuses its efforts on nonpoint source pollution prevention and protection of the county’s water bodies and water supplies. The Committee also serves as a clearinghouse for water quality information, a funding source for small water quality improvement projects, and a forum where stakeholders can collaborate on projects and activities that protect and enhance the quality of the county’s water resources.
The Committee is neither a political organization nor an advocacy group.
This is one reason why it has been instrumental in facilitating cooperative interagency water quality management efforts and pollution control projects countywide.
The Committee and its partners have had great success with efforts toward our mission.
Over the past 14 years, the ACWQCC has used Section 319 Clean Water/Clean Air Bond Act Mini-Grants and other funding sources to work on initiatives addressing pollution prevention, water quality improvements, and water quality and watershed education.
Meetings are held at the Cornell Cooperative Extension Office at 24 Martin Rd. in Voorheesville, NY on the fourth Friday of the month, except for August and December.
If you would like additional information about the Albany County Water Quality Coordinating Committee, or need technical assistance with a water quality issue, please feel free to contact us.
- Albany County Department of Health
- Albany County Office of Natural Resource Conservation
- Albany County Soil and Water Conservation District
- Capital District Regional Planning Commission
- Cornell Cooperative Extension of Albany County
- City of Albany Department of Water and Water Supply
- Hudson River Environmental Society
- United States Department of Agriculture, Natural Resource Conservation Service
- United States Department of Agriculture, Farm Service Agency
- New York State Department of Environmental Conservation Division of Water
- Berne Township
- Hudson River Watershed Alliance
Albany County Water Quality Coordinating Committee(518) 765-7923
P.O. Box 497
24 Martin Rd.
Voorheesville, NY 12186