Funded by a grant awarded to Audubon New York from NYS DEC Hudson River Estuary Program, the Office of Natural Resource Conservation conducted a study of the Normans Kill riparian corridor in Albany County.
The resulting report serves as an overview of natural and recreational resources in the corridor and makes recommendations for moving forward toward protecting habitat and enhancing recreational uses.
The scope of the study included:
- Review of land and water protection strategies currently in place
- Field analysis of riparian conditions
- Mapping of natural resources and land uses
- Summary of existing data on water quality and biodiversity
- Recommendations for passive recreational use
Please Note: These are large files and may take some time to download completely.
If you have questions about this study, please email Laura DeGaetano, Senior Natural Resources Planner, or call (518) 447-5670