About the Long Term Care Council (LTCC)
The Albany County Long Term Care Council (LTCC) was formed in January 2007, in response to a State requirement associated with the establishment of a County Long Term Care Point of Entry. Membership includes representatives from various consumer subgroups, community-based and residential long term care providers and advocacy groups.
The Long Term Care Council has been charged with analyzing the long term care service delivery system within Albany County, identifying gaps in service accessibility and availability, recommending strategies to address identified needs and barriers, and advising the Albany County Departments of Social Services and Aging on matters related to the Long Term Care Point of Entry (POE). The primary roles defined for the LTCC are as follows.
- Identify and analyze emerging community needs in the long term care service delivery system, based on identified gaps and barriers, service accessibility and availability, and develop strategies to respond to those needs in a timely and appropriate fashion.
- Solicit and represent input from long term care stakeholders regarding changes in the community environment (e.g. new resources or closing of providers), legislation, or regulations.
- Review the long term care service delivery system by identifying entry points to the system and the manner by which populations in need of long term care services navigate or access services throughout the system.
- Identify best practices and other successful program and funding strategies with the potential to address identified unmet needs and barriers.
- Serve in its advisory capacity as a catalyst to advance changes in the long term care system when modifications are required to ensure the availability of appropriate and quality community services.
- Advise the Departments of Social Services and Aging on matters related to the development, operation and evaluation of the Long Term Care Point of Entry.
- Albany County Department of Aging
- Albany County Department of Children Youth and Family
- Albany County Department of Health
- Albany County Department of Health and Human Services
- Albany County Department of Mental Health
- Albany County Department of Social Services
- Albany County Executive’s Office
- Albany County Nursing Home
- Alzheimer’s Association of Northeastern NY
- Albany Memorial Hospital
- Capital Area Council of Churches
- Consumer Directed Choices
- Capital District Developmental Disabilities Services
- Capital District Senior Issues Forum
- Children’s Health Network
- DePaul Housing Management Corporation
- Disability Rights New York
- Interim Health Care
- Jewish Family Services of Northeastern New York/NORC
- League of Women Voters of Albany County
- Our Lady of Mercy Life Center
- Medical Society of Albany County
- St. Peter’s Northeast Health
- Senior Services of Albany
- The Organized Caregiver
- Town of Colonie Senior Resources Department
- United Way/211
- Visiting Nurse Association of Albany
For further information about the Albany County Long Term Care Council contact the Albany County Department for Aging at (518) 447-7198 or firstname.lastname@example.org.