For residents aged 60+ who are physically frail or cognitively impaired, and in need of some assistance with activities of daily living.
Adult day care allows caregivers to
- Take a break from round-the-clock caring;
- Retain a job they might otherwise have to give up;
- Avoid moving a loved one to assisted living or a nursing home.
Grants may be available.
Some adult day programs offer health care through the medical model, which includes nursing care and Alzheimer's or dementia care.
The adult day care programs we currently support offer planned therapeutic recreational activities following the social model.
Monday - Friday, 7:45am - 5:00pm
(518) 459-2857, ext. 322
- Beltrone: 6 Winners Circle, Colonie, NY 12205
- Guilderland: 10 Karner Road, Karner Plaza, Guilderland, NY 12084
- Latham: Route 2, Latham, NY 12110
Cohoes Social Adult Day Program
10 Cayuga Plaza, Cohoes, NY 12047
Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 4:00pm
Newgate Social Adult Day Program
New Scotland & Buckingham Dr., Albany, NY
Monday - Friday, 8:30am - 5:00pm
The Eddy - Daybreak Social Adult Day Program
50 Herrick St., Rensselaer, N Y 12144
Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 5:00pm