Older residents who are home-bound and in need of day-to-day assistance, including home delivered meals, should contact Albany County- NY Connects at (518) 447-7177
We at are committed to providing access to a comprehensive and coordinated system of supports and services, including:
- information & assistance
- congregate meals
- home delivered meals
- nutrition counseling
- adult day care
- in-home health services
- caregiver support programs
- volunteer opportunities
For more information, contact Albany County NY Connects at (518) 447-7177, Monday–Friday, 8:30am–4:30pm.
Our mission is to connect adults age 60+ and their families/caregivers with community resources that promote independence, self-direction, dignity and improved quality of life.
We are guided and informed by our commitment to:
- Inclusiveness: we respect all people, value diversity and are committed to equity.
- Participation: we value and recognize the contributions of individuals and organizations to the life of our communities.
- Quality: we strive for excellence in our work and are committed to continuous quality improvement.
- Openness: we are committed to a culture of transparency, teamwork and collaboration.
Albany County Department for Aging is one of 59 Area Agencies on Aging in New York State and part of the national aging network, which supports and implements comprehensive in-home and community based services with special focus on those with the greatest social and economic needs. Our programs and services are made possible through funding from Albany County, the New York State Office for the Aging, U.S. Administration on Aging, participant contributions and volunteers who generously donate their time.
We welcome your questions and feedback:
Albany County Department for Aging
162 Washington Avenue, 6th Floor
Albany, NY 12210