Legislative Public Hearings
Hearings are held on the date specified at 7:15pm in the Legislative Chambers, Albany County Courthouse, Eagle Street, Albany, NY
Public Hearing Schedule for Tuesday, May 26, 2015 -- RESCHEDULED
The following hearings have been rescheduled.for THURSDAY, JUNE 4, 2015
- Local Law No. “E” for 2015, prohibiting the use of electronic cigarettes in public places where traditional forms of smoking are prohibited.
- Proposed modifications to Agricultural Districts in Albany County
- Local Law No. “G” for 2015, amending the Albany County Charter for the purpose of establishing Legislative Districts based on the 2010 Census.
The public hearing schedule will be updated each month, after the legislative meetings when the Legislature approves resolutions setting the dates of upcoming public hearings.
The Albany County Legislature holds public hearings on proposed local laws, the County's capital plan and other specific issues before adoption of legislation.
Members of the public who wish to speak must sign a sheet at the public hearing listing their names, addresses and telephone numbers.
- Speakers are called in the order their names appear on the sign-up sheets.
- Speakers are permitted five minutes to express their views.
- Speakers may not ask questions of legislators, and legislators may not ask questions of speakers, except for clarification.