Am I Eligible?
Check your potential eligibility for work supports and other programs at the self-service website: myBenefits .
You can also learn more by watching the video "Helping You Make Ends Meet"
Department of Social Services
David Kircher, Acting Commissioner
162 Washington Ave
Albany, NY 12210
DSS must provide PA recipients with the following support services, in order to reduce or remove as many barriers as possible to allow the recipient to find and/or keep a job. These services include:
- Work related expenses (uniforms, shoes, tools, licensing fees, etc.)
- Child care for children up to thirteen years of age at a cost to market rate
- Case management services for
- Pregnant adolescents
- Parenting teens
- At risk youth under eighteen (18)
- People with limited English
- People enrolled in two or more activities
- Transitional support services for individuals who become ineligible for assistance due to a surplus budget due to earnings.
- Applicants/ Recipients of Food Stamps with
- Transportation – not to exceed $25 a month
- Dependent Care – not to exceed:
- $200/ month for children under age two (2)
- $175/ month for children age two (2) up to age fifteen
PROGRAM BY CATEGORY: