Transportation to appointments is available in most areas of Albany County for seniors 60+.
To set up an appointment, reservations should be made at least 48 hours in advance and up to 14 days in advance. Reservations can be made in one of three ways:
- By Telephone - Call STAR at (518) 437-5161. (TDD (518) 482-9024), daily from 8:00am to 6:00pm.
- By Fax - Fax the trip request to (518) 453-8833 during the reservation hours, Monday through Friday only.
- By Email - Email the trip request to AlbanyCountyDFA@CDTA.ORG.
Please give the operator your information, your appointment time and your destination address and phone number.
Through the CDTA ACCESS line, seniors will be able to access a variety of transportation options including:
- Schedule vital transportation services in most areas of Albany County for seniors age 60+. All requests for vital transportation will be met before requests for transportation to non-vital services are met. Vital tranportation includes:
- Medical Appointments
- Adult Day Programs
- Congregate Nutrition Sites
- Senior Centers
- Grocery Stores
- Schedule transportation with the CDTA Star Bus
- Register for the CDTA "Learn to Ride" the Bus Program
- Arrange to get a CDTA ½ Fare Bus Card
- Arrange to get a CDTA Bus Pass
The suggested contribution rate is $4.00 per trip. Contributions are accepted, but not required.
CLICK HERE for a printable information sheet about the transportation program [PDF*] or call us at (518) 447-7177.
« BACK to PROGRAMS & SERVICES Listing