Albany County, New York
Use the print command on your computer to print this document, then close
this window to return to the page you were viewing.
Household must be experiencing a HEAP-addressable emergency.
Household must be experiencing a HEAP-addressable emergency
out of heating fuel or less than 7 days’ supply on hand OR
heat-related utility service is shut off or scheduled for shut-off OR
essential heating equipment is inoperable or unsafe
Applicant must be the tenant of record
Applicant must be the customer of record
Resources are counted for emergency HEAP
Emergency HEAP Liquid Resources
- Cash on Hand
- Checking/Savings Accounts
- Certificates of Deposit
- Lump sums
- Real Property
- Personal Property
- Household furnishings
- One burial plot per household member
- Written pre-arranged burial agreement up to a maximum value of $1500
- Money specifically designated for an allowable current living expense (next 30 day’s shelter, food, etc.)
- Money earmarked for payment of the current year’s real estate or school taxes (for primary residence only)
Copyright (c) 2012 Albany County, New York. All Rights Reserved.