How do I…?
How do I use this web site?
AlbanyCounty.com provides search capabilities and is easy to use and navigate.
At the top of every page on the site you will find a menu of the most
commonly used sections of our site as follows:
- Programs: A portal page organized by area of programs and services. By
selecting an area of interest you can browse a complete listing in
that topic without having to know what particular department offers
the program you're looking for. The portal page also allows you the
option of going directly to a department if you recognize the provider
based on its area of service.
- Departments: An alphabetical listing of all the departments and offices
in Albany County government. An easy and quick way to find contact
information and main mailing addresses, as well as a link to each department's
- News: Summaries of the most recent news stories posted throughout AlbanyCounty.com.
- Jobs/Volunteers: A portal page containing summaries and links to paid
and volunteer opportunities with Albany County government. You can
also find information about "ACTIV": our volunteer matching program to
help you find the ideal volunteer opportunity in your community.
You will also find links to the search page and a link back to the AlbanyCounty.com home page. Clicking the County seal in our banner is another way to return to our home page.
Each department has its own navigation in the sidebar
What if I'm not sure what I'm looking for?
On the welcome page of AlbanyCounty.com and on some internal pages you
will also find links to special interest portals that we have created
to help you find the information you need. These include:
- Residents: A portal page providing information and links useful to those who
live in Albany County.
- Businesses: A portal page providing information and links useful both
to those who already do business in Albany County and to those looking
to start doing business here.
- Visitors: A portal page providing information and links that we believe
would be of most interest to those who want to learn more about Albany
"Around the County"
- About Albany County: A section full of useful demographic facts and fascinating
historical information about Albany County.
- Community Links: A portal containing links to other web sites useful to people living, working or visiting
in Albany County.
Portal pages providing information and useful links relating to our four main topical categories. Each portal provides
a list and brief summaries of programs or services offered by Albany County departments responsible for that area of service.
Links to relevant departments can also be found on each portal. These portals include: