The Department performs several services on County roads and bridges, and throughout the County, including:
- Repairing the paving, guide rail, and shoulders on County roads.
- Repairing culverts under roads.
- Maintaining and improving open and closed road drainage systems.
- Installing and repairing road signs on County roads.
- Surveying and monitoring traffic conditions on County roads.
- Reviewing and approving modifications to County roads, such as driveway permits.
- Removing downed or dead trees or brush within the County right-of-way.
- Removing large dead animals, such as deer, or debris from the road.
- Repairing County bridges.
- Snow plowing and de-icing roads.
- Cleaning and maintaining recreation areas.
- Developing and sponsoring traffic safety education programs for motorists, pedestrians, bicycles, seat belts, child restraints, etc.