The Albany County Senior Housing Rehab Program
The County of Albany has partnered with the Albany County Rural Housing Alliance Inc. and Albany County Department for Aging to administer a Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) program funded through the NYS Division of Homes and Community Renewal for senior citizen homeowners.
Qualified applicants must live in a single family household, be at least 60 years of age, and reside in Albany County.
The grant program can assist with replacement of your roof, windows, doors, as well as updating electrical, plumbing and heating systems in your home.
This grant can also address handicap accessibility so you can remain independent in your home.
- Owner occupied homes only – no rental properties
- Homeowner(s) must be 60 years of age or older
- Single family homes only
- Reside in Albany County (City of Albany and Town of Colonie exluded)
- Must be income eligible
2016 income limits:
- Household of 1 - $45,950
- Household of 2 - $52,500
- Household of 3 - $59,050
- Household of 4 - $65,600
Examples of Rehab:
- Heating system upgrade
- Plumbing system upgrade
- Electrical system upgrade
- Roof replacement or repair
- Window or door replacement
- Handicapped modifications
- Chimney repairs or rebuild
- Tree removal
For more information, please contact:
Albany County Rural Housing Alliance
P.O. Box 83
Cohoes, NY 12047
Tel: (518) 430-7299
Fax: (518) 279-7643