Legislative Public Hearings
Hearings are held on the date specified at 7:15pm in the Legislative Chambers, Albany County Courthouse, Eagle Street, Albany, NY
Public Hearing Schedule for Tuesday, July 28, 2015
- Public Hearing on Local Law “H” for 2015 – A local law of the County of Albany to be known as “The Contract Integrity and Campaign Disclosure Law”
- Public Hearing on Amending the Albany County Capital Program for 2015-2019
- Public Hearing on the Proposed Albany County Capital Program for 2016-2020
The public hearing schedule will be updated each month, after the legislative meetings when the Legislature approves resolutions setting the dates of upcoming public hearings.
The Albany County Legislature holds public hearings on proposed local laws, the County's capital plan and other specific issues before adoption of legislation.
Members of the public who wish to speak must sign a sheet at the public hearing listing their names, addresses and telephone numbers.
- Speakers are called in the order their names appear on the sign-up sheets.
- Speakers are permitted five minutes to express their views.
- Speakers may not ask questions of legislators, and legislators may not ask questions of speakers, except for clarification.