Legislative Public Hearings
Hearings are held on the date specified at 7:15pm in the Legislative Chambers, Albany County Courthouse, Eagle Street, Albany, NY
Public Hearing Schedule for Tuesday, April 28, 2015
- Resolution No. 6b – Public Hearing on proposed Local Law No. “K” for 2014, Local Law of the County of Albany, New York, amending the Albany County Charter for the Purpose of Restructuring the Legislature by Reducing The number of Legislators.
- Resolution No. 157 – Public Hearing on proposed Local Law No. “B” for 2015 “A local law of the County of Albany, New York, protecting drinking water.”
- Resolution No. 158 – Public Hearing on proposed Local Law No. “C” for 2015 “A Local Law of the County of Albany, New York, allowing for common, safe items to be excluded from the dangerous fireworks definition as permitted by New York State Penal Law Section 405(b).
The public hearing schedule will be updated each month, after the legislative meetings when the Legislature approves resolutions setting the dates of upcoming public hearings.
The Albany County Legislature holds public hearings on proposed local laws, the County's capital plan and other specific issues before adoption of legislation.
Members of the public who wish to speak must sign a sheet at the public hearing listing their names, addresses and telephone numbers.
- Speakers are called in the order their names appear on the sign-up sheets.
- Speakers are permitted five minutes to express their views.
- Speakers may not ask questions of legislators, and legislators may not ask questions of speakers, except for clarification.